You are now in the main content area
Community, Access and Technology
Students are introduced to assistive technologies, their impact on people with disabilities, models of use, public policy and legislation (local, federal, international). In addition to online readings and exploratory assignments, students participate in online discussion forums and live weekly e-chats with leaders in the assistive technology field. The final project offers students an opportunity to explore a technology of interest in the context of addressing an unmet need or burning issue in their community.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Child and Youth Care Professionally-Related Table I
- Disability Studies
- Early Childhood Studies Professionally-Related Table I
- Minor in Disability Studies
- Open Elective Table
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV
- Public Administration and Governance Professionally-Related Table I
- Urban and Regional Planning Professionally-Related Table II