You are now in the main content area
Principles of Demography
This course is designed to familiarize students with demography and demographic analysis. The course explores the characteristics of population (for example, age, sex, marital status) while using demographic analysis (data from surveys, vital statistics, and censuses) to build a basis for explanation of specific population trends in selected areas. There is emphasis on Canadian data and the implications of the current Canadian population structure for our future.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Not Available to students in Environmental and Urban Sustainability.
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Business Management - Real Estate Management Major
- Criminology Professionally-Related Table IV
- Geographic Analysis
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Minor in Geographic Analysis
- Minor in Geography
- Minor in Real Estate Management
- Open Elective Table
- Politics and Governance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Sociology Professionally-Related Table IV