You are now in the main content area
Exploration in Travel and Tourism
This course covers the subjects of historical tourism development, modern mass tourism and case studies of specific types of modern tourism. Niche tourism types that may be covered include medical tourism and death tourism. Emphasis is placed on tourist demand and the consequences to the tourism system and tourist-oriented sites. Examples are selected from international and Canadian tourism. (formerly GEO 806)
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Environment and Urban Sustainability Professionally-Related Table IV
- Geographic Analysis Professional Table II
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Tourism