You are now in the main content area
GIS for the Municipal Professional I
Geographic Information Systems represent a technology which permits the diverse data sets needed to administer a modern municipality to be outlined and given due consideration in reaching management decisions. This course provides students with practical knowledge and skills relating to the understanding and use of GIS. Particular attention is directed at how geographic relations are preserved, and the opportunities/constraints afforded by various GIS approaches. There is a 25 dollar lab fee for this course.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 2 hrs. Lecture: 1 hr.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- GEO 724 - GIS for the Municipal Professional II
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Minor in Geographic Analysis
- Occupational and Public Health Professionally-Related Table I
- Open Elective Table
- Psychology Professionally-Related Table IV
- Urban and Regional Planning Professionally-Related Table II