You are now in the main content area
GIS for the Municipal Professional II
This course introduces advanced municipal applications of Geographic Information Systems, such as school pupil forecasting; public health mapping; crime pattern analysis; social policy analysis and neighbourhood well-being; as well as transit accessibility modeling. Students will enhance their ability to conduct geographic analyses and produce professional geographic information products for government planning and decision-making. Hands-on experience is expanded. There is a 25 dollar lab fee for this course.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 2 hrs. Lecture: 1 hr.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Environment and Urban Sustainability Professionally-Related Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Minor in Geographic Analysis
- Occupational and Public Health Professionally-Related Table I
- Open Elective Table
- Psychology Professionally-Related Table IV
- Urban and Regional Planning Professionally-Related Table II