You are now in the main content area
Division Algorithm, The greatest common divisor, Euclidean Algorithm and Diophantine Equations; Prime numbers and Fundamental Theorem of arithmetic; The theory of congruences; Linear congruences and The Chinese Remainder Theorem; Special congruences: Fermat's little theorem, Wilson's theorem; Euler's Phi-function and Euler's generalization of Fermat's little theorem; Applications: RSA cryptosystem; Legendre's symbol and its properties; Euler's criterion; Quadratic reciprocity law; Some nonlinear Diophantine equations; Representation of integers as sums of squares.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table III
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Computer Science Professionally-Related Table I
- Mathematics Professional Table I
- Minor in Mathematics
- Open Elective Table
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV