You are now in the main content area
Advanced Topics in Contemporary Art
This course examines relationships among a broad range of media and art practices in the second half of the twentieth century. It explores the theory and practice of selected post-modern art movements in depth, and may focus on one or more of the following: minimalism, pop art, conceptualism, performance art, earthworks, arte povera, photo-realism, neo-expressionism and video and new media practices.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Fashion Professionally-Related Table III
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Image Arts Professionally-Related Table II
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Curatorial Studies
- Minor in Photography Studies
- Open Elective Table
- Sociology Professionally-Related Table IV