You are now in the main content area
Exhibition Practices in Contemporary Art
This course integrates a survey of exhibition practice as it has evolved within the visual arts with a critical examination of the various activities, such as curatorial strategy, exhibition design, and audience development as interrelated components that constitute the field of exhibition practice. Key exhibitions and their reception will be contextualized in relation to trends and issues in contemporary art and the development of exhibition practices and objectives that respond to and augment those issues.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Creative Industries Professional Table II
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Image Arts Professionally-Related Table II
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Curatorial Studies
- Open Elective Table