You are now in the main content area
Disaster Images: Memory and Response
This course will examine the creative response of visual artists, photographers, filmmakers and new media artists to disaster and social crisis. The work of creative practitioners will be shown to respond to crisis in modes not available to the fields of journalism or traditional documentary media. The course requires students to prepare short discussion papers and visual works on the themes of history, memory and disaster.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Creative Industries Professional Table II
- English Professionally-Related Table IV
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Image Arts Professionally-Related Table II
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Visual Studies
- Open Elective Table
- Sociology Professionally-Related Table IV