You are now in the main content area
Business of Creative Media
An introduction to business practices and issues within the creative industries. Students are introduced to the business, operational and legal practices of the media in Canada. Students explore how these diverse businesses function within the Canadian regulatory environment and internationally. Students learn about business applications, as well as the legal/regulatory framework that media professionals operate in, and will explore ethical issues for media and business in general.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs. Tutorial: 2 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- BSM 200 - The Growing Business: Breaking Even
- Creative Industries Professional Table II
- Media Production
- New Media Core Elective Table I
- RTA 503 - Project Development - Media Production
- RTA 904 - Advanced Business of Creative Media
- RTA 906 - Marketing for Media Professionals
- RTA 910 - Production Management
- RTA 913 - Media Entrepreneurship
- RTA 917 - Public Relations
- RTA 989 - Emerging Media Markets/Entrepreneurship
- Sport Media Core Elective Table I