You are now in the main content area
Organic Chemistry I
This is an introductory course based on the mechanistic approach to the study of organic reactions, and includes functionality, IUPAC nomenclature, structural and steroisomerism, oxidation and reduction, nucleophilic additions, nucleophilic substitutions, eliminations, electrophilic additions of aliphatic compounds. The laboratory introduces techniques such as melting point, recrystallization, extraction, and distillation. Also included is the synthesis, isolation and purification of organic compounds.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 3 hrs. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- BCH 261 - Biochemistry
- BLG 605 - Science and Government Policy Development
- BLG 606 - Intro to Clinical Research and Trials
- BLG 607 - Intellectual Property in Science
- Biomedical Sciences
- CHY 242 - Organic Chemistry II
- CHY 423 - Environmental Science
- CHY 436 - Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- CHY 600 - Organic Reaction Mechanisms
- CHY 706 - Computational and Quantum Chemistry
- Environment and Urban Sustainability Professional Table II
- Medical Physics Professionally-Related Table I
- Minor in Chemistry
- Open Elective Table