You are now in the main content area
Physical and chemical properties of the main group elements and inorganic compounds are related to their electronic structures; principles are exemplified by technologically important substances and reactions. Topics include symmetry, covalent and ionic bonding theories, a survey of solid state structures and a discussion of secondary chemical interactions. The laboratory will emphasize the preparation of various main group inorganic compounds by important techniques (including vacuum and inert atmosphere synthesis) and product characterization by standard spectroscopic methods.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 3 hrs. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table V
- Biomedical Sciences Professional Table I
- CHY 445 - Materials Chemistry
- CHY 449 - Inorganic Chemistry II
- CHY 482 - Selected Topics in Chemistry
- Minor in Chemistry
- Open Elective Table
- PCS 400 - Quantum Physics I