You are now in the main content area
Social Innovation in Action
This course aims to provide an opportunity for students to put their learning into action by developing and implementing a social innovation activity in the community, focused on the particular area of interest identified by the student and consistent with the subject-specific learning through the student's choice of elective courses. This course will include provisions for a mentoring component through community partners and practice leaders. The course brings together the skills, knowledge and tools acquired in the courses that have preceded it by giving students an opportunity to relate these understandings to 'real-world' social innovation applications.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Child and Youth Care Professional Table II
- Child and Youth Care Professionally-Related Table I
- Disability Studies
- Early Childhood Studies Professionally-Related Table I
- Minor in Social Innovation
- Nutrition and Food Table I, II and Open Electives
- Open Elective Table
- Social Work Professionally-Related Table II