You are now in the main content area
Visual Art: Concepts and Theories
This lecture course introduces the concepts and theories that animate visual work in all media and forms, providing a foundation for students embarking upon their studies in the culture industries. It offers theoretical, historical and cross-disciplinary perspectives, and is designed to establish a framework of knowledge that will enhance understanding of the cultural and technical power and limitations of various media.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- CMN 310 - Communication with Colour
- CMN 380 - Spectacle and the City
- Creative Industries Professional Table II
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Image Arts
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- MPS 306 - The Idea of Photography
- Professional Communication Professionally-Related Table II
- Sociology Professionally-Related Table IV