You are now in the main content area
Visual Culture: Digital Art
The study of visual culture concerns the value attributed to images across disciplines and media at any given moment. The meanings derived from visual images, from the smallest group interaction to the largest âworldâ event, depend on a variety of factors influencing the production, circulation, reception and history of images. This course will approach visual culture through a framework of digital media with a particular emphasis on digital artwork.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Creative Industries Professional Table II
- Image Arts
- MPI 602 - Media Languages: Old and New Vocabularies
- Minor in Visual Studies
- Professional Communication Professionally-Related Table II
- Undeclared Arts Professionally-Related Table II_III