You are now in the main content area
Database Systems I
Advanced file management techniques involving fundamentals of database organization, design and management. Emphasis is given to Relational Database Management Systems including relational algebra, normal Forms, physical Database Structures and their implementation, and Relational Database Languages. Other types of Database Managers are also discussed such as Hierarchical, Network and Inverted Files.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1 hr. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- COE 691 - Software Requirements Analysis and SPEC
- COE 692 - Software Design and Architecture
- CPS 610 - Database Systems II
- CPS 630 - Web Applications
- CPS 853 - Creating Big Data Systems
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- ITM 500 - Data and Information Management
- Mathematics Professional Table II
- Minor in Computer Science
- Open Elective Table