You are now in the main content area
History and examples of computer crime. Security policies and mechanisms. Access control models. Implementation and usability issues. Physical security. Authentication technologies. Operating system security. Encryption algorithms and protocols. External and internal firewalls. Software flaws and malware. Ethical issues in computer security. Sample privacy noncompliance litigation cases, Social implications of computing networked communication.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1 hr. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- CPS 471 - Software Security Fundamentals
- CPS 713 - Applied Cryptography
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Chemistry Professional and Professionally-Related Table II
- Computer Science
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- ITM 820 - Information Systems Security and Privacy
- Mathematics Professional Table II
- Minor in Computer Science
- Open Elective Table