You are now in the main content area
This one-semester lecture/lab course covers general electric circuit parameters and laws. Topics include: basic electric circuits, voltage and current sources, resistance, analysis of DC circuits, power considerations. Concepts of capacitance, inductance, and their transient behaviour. Introduction of AC sources, phasors, reactance and impedance, AC analysis of RC, RL, and RCL circuits, the effect of resonance, real and complex power in reactive loads.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs. Tutorial: 2 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Aerospace Engineering
- CHE 215 - Process Measurements
- Chemical Engineering Co-Operative Program
- Computer Science Professionally-Related Table I
- EES 508 - Digital Systems
- EES 604 - Electronics and Sensors
- EES 612 - Electric Machines and Actuators
- IND 70A/B - Industrial Systems Design
- Industrial Engineering
- MEC 617 - Manufacturing System Control
- MEC 709 - Control Systems
- Mechanical Engineering