You are now in the main content area
Electric Machines and Actuators
The single-phase transformer and its applications. DC and AC motor characteristics, and their application in mechanical drives. Power electronic circuits, H bridges, PWM control, interfacing, power amplifiers. DC servo and stepper motors, AC synchronous and induction motors. Transformers. Introduction to typical speed and torque control techniques of motors.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 2 hrs. Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- AER 509 - Control Systems
- Aerospace Engineering
- BME 705 - Rehabilitation Engineering
- BME 70A/B - Biomedical Engineering Capstone Design
- BME 777 - Emerging Topics in Biomedical Engineering
- BME 802 - Human-Computer Interaction
- BME 804 - Design of Bio-MEMS
- Biomedical Engineering
- ELE 801 - Electric Vehicles
- MEC 733 - Microprocessor Systems
- MEC 751 - Measurements, Sensors and Instruments
- Mechanical Engineering