You are now in the main content area
Practicum: Writing Poetry
This experiential course offers students the opportunity both to study models of good poetry writing and to explore their own creative abilities. Class discussions and workshop groups are designed to enhance students' writing capacities as they participate in the creative process. Areas of discussion involve the craft of poetry, including style, prosody, poetics, revision, and self- and peer-editing.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professional Table I
- ENG 302 - Practicum: Writing in the Arts
- ENG 304 - Practicum: Making Digital Work
- ENG 307 - Practicum: Writing Fiction
- ENG 308 - Practicum: Grammar Principles for Editors
- ENG 340 - Practicum: Making Little Magazines
- ENG 390 - Practicum: Open Topics
- ENG 400 - Literary and Cultural Theory
- English and History Double Major
- English and Philosophy Double Major