You are now in the main content area
This course examines autobiographical writings (including the diary,memoir, and letter) and biography (including literary and popular forms), and the connections between them. The study of life-writing sources may also include print and electronic sources, as well as film, photography, visual art, and performance art. Critical and theoretical readings are introduced to analyze issues including genre, aesthetics, identity, veracity, and commerce.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professional Table I
- ENG 511 - The Art of Writing Life
- English Professional Table II
- English and History Professional Table II
- English and Philosophy Professional Table II
- History Professionally Related - Table IV
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in English
- Open Elective Table
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV