You are now in the main content area
Environmental Health Law
Introduction to law for the first year student in Public Health or Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). The constitutional bases for regulating environmental, public health and occupational hazards are discussed. Regulatory, criminal and common law proceedings are examined. There is particular emphasis on examples involving environmental and occupational hazards. Public health, OHS and environmental protection statutes are introduced as a foundation for further course work.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- ENH 721 - Public Health Law
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Minor in Disability Studies
- Minor in Law
- OHS 806 - Advanced Health and Safety Law
- Occupational and Public Health
- Open Elective Table
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV
- Politics and Governance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Public Administration and Governance Professionally-Related Table I
- Sociology Professionally-Related Table IV