You are now in the main content area
Introduction to Film Studies
This course provides an introduction to the field of film studies. The course emphasizes critical approaches to film aesthetics. Students will become familiar with film terminology, introductory methods of film analysis, and writing about the cinema.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Creative Industries Professional Table II
- Image Arts
- MPF 327 - Film History and Criticism to 1945
- Minor in Film (Cinema) Studies
- NPF 557 - Topics in Film
- NPF 564 - Contemporary World Cinema
- NPF 565 - Contemporary Canadian Cinema
- NPF 566 - History of Animation
- Professional Communication Professionally-Related Table II
- Undeclared Arts Professionally-Related Table II_III