You are now in the main content area
Healthcare Information Analysis
Emphasis will be placed on analysis methodologies and the concomitant use of current data analysis software, such as query and reporting tools, on-line analytical processing (OLAP), executive information systems and data mining tools. The key concept will be methods of transforming data into meaningful information for end-users. Analysis techniques include: trending through the use of historical data, impact analysis, variance analysis, and data modeling to allow for scenario testing. The identification of data sources such as Management Information Systems (MIS), the Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI), as well as other financial, clinical and demographic data repositories, will also be covered.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Business Technology Management Professionally-Related Table II
- HIM 302 - Health Information Systems Management
- HIM 403 - Managerial Accounting and Finance
- Health Administration
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Minor in Health Services Management
- Open Elective Table