You are now in the main content area
Germany became an economic and military powerhouse in the late 19th century. Yet by 1945, after two world wars, the country lay in ruins and remained divided until 1990. This course examines the political, economic, and social development of Germany from the 1870s to the present. Topics include the growth of the German Empire and the Great War, the rise of Nazism, the Second World War, East and West Germany, and the process of reunification.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professional Table I
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Criminology and History Professional Table II
- English and History Professional Table II
- History Politics and Governance Professional Table II
- History Professional Table II
- History and Philosophy Professional Table II
- History and Sociology Double Major Professional Table II
- Minor in History
- Open Elective Table
- Politics and Governance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Psychology Professionally-Related Table IV
- Public Administration and Governance Professionally-Related Table I