You are now in the main content area
Human Resources Management
This course examines the theory of human resource (HR) management and relates the theories to practice in aligning work practices to organizational goals. Topics covered in the program include compensation, health and safety labour relations, driving engagement, training and development, employee performance, and more. These are examined in the context of the hospitality and tourism sector. (Equivalent to MHR 523).
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- HTH 706 - Management Placement and Experience
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MHR 600 - Diversity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- MHR 623 - Recruitment and Selection
- MHR 711 - Occupational Health and Safety
- MHR 733 - Training and Development
- MHR 749 - Compensation Management
- Minor in Health Services Management
- Minor in Human Resources Management
- Minor in Sales Management and Service Quality