You are now in the main content area
Meeting and Convention Management
Meetings and Conventions are the nucleus of the Meeting, Incentive, Convention and Exhibition (MICE) industry, which has experienced considerable growth and economic impact domestically and internationally over the past decade. The objective of this course is to show students how to plan, manage and expedite successful meetings and conferences. Assignments are based on industry related documents providing insight into event execution. Specific areas of study will include: destination selection, site inspections, meeting setups, negotiation and contracts.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professional Table I
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Events and Live Entertainment
- Minor in Tourism
- Open Elective Table
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II