You are now in the main content area
Emphasis is placed on building a good foundation for the fundamental concepts and principles of marketing. This includes topics such as the core principles of marketing, the service/experience oriented marketing environment, consumer behaviour, segmentation, positioning and the marketing mix in the context of the service/experience oriented Hospitality and Tourism industry. As a foundation marketing course, the major effect is to give a broad view of marketing in the service sector.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- GMS 522 - International Marketing
- HTH 901 - Management Career Strategies
- HTL 701 - The Power of Branding in Hosp/Tourism
- HTM 402 - Strategic Marketing Planning
- HTM 604 - Hospitality and Tourism Sales
- HTM 621 - Advertising and Promotion
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- MKT 300 - Marketing Metrics and Analysis
- MKT 504 - Effective Persuasion
- MKT 723 - Services Marketing
- MKT 730 - Assessing/Managing Market Opportunities
- MKT 828 - Sport Marketing Concepts and Strategy
- MKT 829 - International Sport Marketing
- Minor in Marketing