You are now in the main content area
Who makes the rules? Issues in tourism
How is tourism business affected by policy? Who are the stakeholders in tourism policy? This course critically analyzes tourism as a system of interrelationships between governments, non-profits and private businesses. Emphasis is on understanding the framework for policy and planning initiatives at the local, region and national level. Issues and policies affecting tourism's development and operation are examined as students participate in case studies, analyze issues and policies and their impacts from a management perspective.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Environment and Urban Sustainability Professionally-Related Table IV
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professional Table I
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Tourism
- Open Elective Table
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Urban and Regional Planning Professionally-Related Table II