You are now in the main content area
Sustainable Tourism: the Golden Goose?
An average hotel consumes as much water in a day as some villages do in a year. This course examines social responsibility and sustainability issues at both the micro and macro levels of the industry and examines both the impacts and solutions to both local and global issues. Case study analysis is an integral component of the course and the major focus will be to discuss and debate solutions and strategies for ethically optimizing business while minimizing adverse effects.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Environment and Urban Sustainability Professional Table II
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professional Table I
- Language and Intercultural Relations Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Environment and Urban Sustainability
- Minor in Tourism
- Open Elective Table
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II