You are now in the main content area
Occupational Health and Safety
This course is designed to provide students with an introduction to the growing and changing field of Occupational Health and Safety Management. The multiple dimensions of the subject - technical, legislative, political, personal, and moral - will be covered. Topics will include: legislation, accident prevention, sickness, lateness and absenteeism, establishing corporate physical and mental health policies, practices and programs, monitoring of the workplace environment, and establishing industrial hygiene standards and corporate health and safety policies.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Accounting and Finance Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Management - Human Resources Management Major
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Technology Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- MHR 849 - Human Resources Planning
- Minor in Human Resources Management
- Minor in Labour and Employment Relations
- Open Elective Table
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV
- Politics and Governance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Public Administration and Governance Professionally-Related Table I
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Sociology Professionally-Related Table IV