You are now in the main content area
Magazine Editing Workshop
Students will be introduced to the theory, context and best practices of print and online magazine editing. They will become adept at developing ideas, assigning and editing articles, shaping editorial mix, working with art directors and building audience. They will learn how and why editorial and business decisions are made. They will work with peers and guest experts to develop a detailed prospectus for a new magazine and associated offshoots (such as websites).
Weekly Contact: Lab: 6 hrs.
GPA Weight: 2.00
Course Count: 2.00
Billing Units: 2
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- JRN 403 - Journalism and Ideas
- JRN 405 - Special Topics in Journalism Theory
- JRN 825 - Magazine Masthead I - Rye Review of Jour
- JRN 826 - Magazine MastheadII- Ryer. Review of Jour
- JRN 840 - Journalism Capstone Project
- JRN 841 - Advanced Multimedia Journalism
- JRN 842 - Building the Brand
- JRN 843 - Journalism Laboratory
- JRN 851 - Newsroom masthead - The Ryersonian
- Journalism Professional Table I