You are now in the main content area
Government Regulation of Business
This course concentrates on an examination of the legal aspects of the government regulation of business. Topics discussed include the evolution of regulatory law, the relation between regulatory law, private law, and business risk management, types of regulatory law, constitutional division of powers, issues and Charter of Rights and Freedoms aspects, licences, regulatory offences and defences, inspections and investigations, and sentences. Selected cases are examined.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Accounting and Finance Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Management - Law and Business Major
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- CRM 200 - Criminal Law
- LAW 533 - Corporate Social Responsibility and the Law
- LAW 602 - White Collar Crime