You are now in the main content area
Intro to Computational Arts
This studio class introduces students to fundamental concepts, techniques and strategies of computer programming as an art form by teaching how to code interactive programs. The course investigates the interplay between creative expression and technological capability. Emphasis will be placed on computational literacy as well as constructing and evaluating algorithmic creative forms and artefacts.
Weekly Contact: Lab: 1.5 hrs. Lecture: 1.5 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- FCD 222 - Coding for Creatives
- FPN 513 - Creative Coding
- Media Production
- Media Production Core Elective Table I
- New Media
- Open Elective Table
- RTA 838 - Generative Processes
- RTA 842 - Data as Material
- RTA 948 - Interactive Spaces
- RTA 953 - Mobility and Mixed Reality
- RTA 958 - Networked Art
- RTA Elective Table II