You are now in the main content area
News and Current Affairs Theory
News as entertainment information, satire, social instructor: audiences interact with the news in many ways. We look critically at ideas like discourse, news value and news filters, and then learn scholarly tools for analyzing news and its audiences. From radio to tabloid journals to E-zines to Twitter, we open up the idea of news in the 21st century, and think about its history, meanings, and future. War news and digital media are a particular focus.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- JRN 402 - Theory in Journalism and Mass Communications
- Media Production
- Media Production Core Elective Table I
- Minor in Global Narratives
- New Media
- New Media Core Elective Table I
- Open Elective Table
- RTA 977 - Current Affairs Production
- RTA Elective Table II
- Undeclared Arts Professionally-Related Table II_III