You are now in the main content area
Occupational Health and Safety Law
This course begins with an examination of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and how the compensation system operates. An emphasis is placed on a detailed examination of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Canada Labour Code Part 2. A thorough analysis of the elements of the Internal Responsibility System is provided (duties, committees, work refusals). Secondary federal and provincial legislation is also covered. The course concludes with issues related to enforcement, prosecutions and due diligence.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Accounting and Finance Professionally-Related Table I
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professionally-Related Table II
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Technology Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Child and Youth Care Professionally-Related Table I
- Health Services Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Minor in Labour and Employment Relations
- Minor in Law
- Minor in Occupational Health and Safety
- Nursing Collaborative Professionally-Related Table I
- Open Elective Table
- Public Administration and Governance Professionally-Related Table I
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Undeclared Arts Professionally-Related Table II_III