You are now in the main content area
Occupational Health and Safety
This course introduces occupational health and safety concepts that are relevant to students regardless of career choice. In the first half of the course, we cover workplace safety and accidents including what to do in case of a work-related incident. In the second half, the nature of common occupational health hazards, their effects upon the body and application of protective measures to reduce the risk are discussed. Techniques for hazard recognition, evaluation and control are examined.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Health Services Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Minor in Occupational Health and Safety
- Nursing Collaborative Professionally-Related Table I
- Occupational and Public Health
- Open Elective Table
- Public Administration and Governance Professionally-Related Table I
- Undeclared Arts Professionally-Related Table II_III