You are now in the main content area
This course examines a variety of issues surrounding the use, mechanisms, and actions of psychoactive or mind-altering drugs. The course focuses on two main contextual topic areas: drug addiction, and drug treatment of mental illness. Each of these areas is explored in depth, including the role of genes, biochemistry, cognition, and personality factors.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Biology Professional and Professionally-Related Table I
- Child and Youth Care Professionally-Related Table I
- Minor in Psychology
- Nursing Collaborative Professionally-Related Table I
- Open Elective Table
- PSY 607 - Drugs and Human Behaviour
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV
- Psychology Professional Table II