You are now in the main content area
Introduction to Real Estate Management
This first course in real estate introduces students to the nature of real estate and real estate markets. A broad range of real-estate related topics is introduced, including basic real estate economics, basic real estate legal principles, valuation techniques, mortgage mathematics, property management, buying and selling and leasing. Students will learn the basic concepts associated with purchasing a real estate property in Canada. Prior completion of Grade 12 mathematics or equivalent is strongly recommended.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Accounting and Finance Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Management - Real Estate Management Major
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Technology Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- International Economics and Finance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Real Estate Management
- REM 420 - Sustainability in Real Estate
- REM 500 - Real Estate Development and Project Mgmt
- REM 700 - Real Estate Valuation
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Urban and Regional Planning Professionally-Related Table II