You are now in the main content area
Sustainability in Real Estate
This course will introduce students to real estate in the context of global pressures to reduce our collective impact on the planet. Topics covered will include energy, carbon, water, materials and biodiversity footprints of buildings and communities, social handprints, responses to those pressures from governments, NGOs and industry itself, best practices, and leading innovations in real estate. Green building systems will be considered, as well as hard metrics, and the future will be debated.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Accounting and Finance Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Management - Real Estate Management Major
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Technology Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Geographic Analysis Professionally-Related Table IV
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- International Economics and Finance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Environment and Urban Sustainability
- Minor in Real Estate Management
- REM 800 - Real Estate Project Capstone
- Retail Management Professionally-Related Table II
- Urban and Regional Planning Professionally-Related Table II