You are now in the main content area
Merchandise Buying and Planning I
This course examines the merchandise buying and planning function within the context of bricks and mortar and e-commerce retail organizations. Course content understanding customers, making buying decisions, forecasting, controlling inventories, preparing buying plans, developing assortment plans, managing vendor relations and pricing the merchandise. This is accomplished through a heavy emphasis on retail math and excel. Merchandise buying and planning requires an understanding of the buyer's roles and responsibilities as well as their relationship to other functions inside and outside the organization.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Accounting and Finance Professionally-Related Table I
- Business Management Professionally-Related Table I
- Fashion Professionally-Related Table III
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Professionally-Related Table II
- International Economics and Finance Professionally-Related Table IV
- Minor in Retail and Services Management
- Philosophy Professionally-Related Table IV
- RMG 806 - Retailer Perspectives on Category Management
- RMG 909 - Merchandise Buying and Planning II
- Retail Management