You are now in the main content area
Hollywood and Society
This course will explore ideas and issues related to Hollywood as both a centre of cultural production and a general cultural idea and ideal. The history, structure and organization of the motion picture industry and its relationship to prevailing cultural, ideological and institutional forces will be examined. The Hollywood "system" with its emphasis on celebrity, globalization, film images, audience responses, and production itself are just some of the topics to be considered.
Weekly Contact: Lecture: 3 hrs.
GPA Weight: 1.00
Course Count: 1.00
Billing Units: 1
Liberal Studies: UL
Mentioned in the Following Calendar Pages
*List may not include courses that are on a common table shared between programs.
- Arts and Contemporary Studies Professional Table I
- Criminology and Sociology Professional Table II
- History and Sociology Double Major Professional Table II
- Minor in Sociology
- Politics and Governance_Sociology Double Major Professional Table II
- Sociology Professional Table II
- Table B - Upper Level Liberal Studies