COVID-19 Safety at Camp
We are excited that the Ryerson Day Camps program will return to running in-person camps in 2021 on July 26th. We will also be continuing to run virtual camps throughout July and August.
At Ryerson Summer Day Camps, the well-being of our campers and staff is our top priority. Our camp is committed to following the most up-to-date Ministry of Health guidance on providing safe programming to children & youth. As of this writing, the most recent version of that guidance from the Ministry of Health is PDF fileCOVID-19 Safety Guidelines for: Day Camps
In accordance with this MOH guidance, in-person programs in 2021 will include all of the following safety measures:
- Small camper groups with no cohort mixing at any time.
- Mandatory use of masks for campers & staff indoors and when physical distancing cannot be observed outdoors.
- Daily screening of all participants for risk of exposure to COVID-19.
- Sanitization of all shared equipment after each use.
- Increased use of outdoor spaces.
- Reduced activities that do not allow for social distancing.
- Outdoor meal-times (weather permitting)
- Frequent hand-washing enforcement with sanitization stations available at each activity location.
- A staff team fully trained on proper COVID-19 procedures.
- A dedicated Health & Wellness staff member
To be the first to know about any updates to programming, please join our mailing list, external link, opens in new window.