Research Associate - Future Skills Centre
Department: Future Skills Centre
Reports to: Interim Executive Director
Vacancy type: Term
Start date: ASAP
End date: 2 years from start, renewable until March 2024
Employee Group: MAC
Hours of Work: 36.25
Salary Scale: $30.00 an hour
The Future Skills Centre – Centre des Compétences futures (FSC-CCF) tests and rigorously measures innovative approaches to identifying emerging in-demand skills to help Canadians develop the skills they need to take full advantage of and succeed in the new economy. Funded by the federal government, the Future Skills Centre is a forward-thinking research centre with a focus on how best to prepare Canadians today for workforce opportunities of the future.
The FSC-CCF is led by a partnership between Ryerson University, The Conference Board of Canada and Blueprint. The consortium offers deep knowledge of economic and technology trends, public policy, rigorous applied research and evaluation expertise, extensive knowledge mobilization and convening experience, and longstanding commitments to skills training and development.
The FSC-CCF is hiring a Research Associate with a passion for research and information management to join our team for a two-year renewable contract. The position is available immediately, located in Toronto, Ontario, and will report to the Director of Research and Evaluation.
- Works in close collaboration with core partners to support the mapping of the current state of the skills development ecosystem across the country.
- Implements and maintains a strategy to coordinate, collect and centralize the research, including overseeing an information management system.
- Develops and implements processes to ensure good workflow with internal and external partners in collaboration with the research team.
- Supports the team developing the mapping portal, which will include interactive tools to allow for continuous and ongoing collecting, sharing and updates to the current state map, through ongoing engagement with partners.
- Facilitates the completion of various reports related to the state of the skills development ecosystem.
- Researches specific topics of interest to the research team to support ongoing research activities.
- Generates and provides information as requested, often on an urgent basis, for both internal and external audiences.
- Graduate degree; preference will be given to candidates with knowledge and experience related to future skills and training
- Experience with and knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to set priorities, work under pressure, deliver high quality results, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple responsibilities.
- A strong sense of teamwork and professionalism.
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) an asset.
- Experience with specialized research and analysis software an asset.
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is July 14, 2019.