To open Account Settings and change server information, go to Tools > Account Settings. Select your Ryerson account then click View Settings for this Account. If you have not yet setup your Ryerson account, please follow the steps outlined under Opening Thunderbird.
- The left hand side of this window will display your current email account with a selection of options below it. Choose Server Settings if the menu has not selected this by default. (Fig. 1)
- From here you can change server information as well as login information. (Fig. 1)
Fig. 1 - Account Server Settings
- To setup Ryerson as the Outgoing Server (SMTP), select the Outgoing Server (SMTP) option from the left menu of the Account Settings screen. Click Add. (Fig. 2)
Fig. 2 - Select Ryerson SMTP server
- Enter the Settings for the Ryerson SMTP server. (Fig. 3)
Fig. 3 - Enter the Settings for Ryerson SMTP: Server name mail.ryerson.ca and Port 587
- Select Ryerson SMTP server as the Outgoing Server (SMTP) for your Ryerson email account. (Fig. 4)
Fig. 4 - Select Ryerson SMTP server
Mozilla Thunderbird is now configured and you can access your Ryerson email.