You are now in the main content area
XMediusFAX Installation Instructions For Windows
XMediusFAX is a network fax server solution which enables users to send, receive and manage faxes using their own PC, instead of a fax machine or a fax modem. Before you use XMediusFAX, please ensure that you have an XMediusFAX username and password. If you require any assistance please call the CCS Help Desk.
- Hardware: Any Pentium-class processor with 256 MB RAM
- OS: Windows 7/10
- Supported browsers: Internet Explorer 11, Firefox version 51, or Chrome version 55
Note: Before you begin installation, please make sure all your programs and documents have been saved and closed.
Step 1: Download XMediusFAX
1. From the CCS website Software for Phones and Fax find XMediusFAX for Windows and click Download.
2. At the Connect to ai-apps.ryerson.ca screen, type in your my.ryerson username and password.
3. At the File Download screen, click on the Save button to save the .exe file containing the installation file. Save this file to a location of your choice where you can easily find it again such as your desktop or your Local Disk (C:).
IE Save Window
Step 2: Install XMediusFAX
1. Locate the XMediusFax80Install.exe file that was downloaded in Step 1 and double click on the filename.
2. An XMedius Installation window displays. You will be prompted to "Please ensure that all Windows are closed prior to installing XMediusFax". Click OK.
3. A Self-Extractor window displays as the files are being extracted. A DOS window also displays during the installation.
These windows will automatically close when installation is completed and XMediusFax has been added to the Windows Start menu.