Host a live meeting with Zoom
At this time, all faculty and teaching assistants have licensed Zoom accounts.
- Room capacity: 300 people per room.
- Record to Zoom Cloud: Yes.
- Delivery method: Zoom desktop app (preferred) or Chrome web client (limited features).
- Meeting length: Up to 4 hour meetings.
- Closed captioning: No automatic real-time closed captioning, however meetings recorded to Zoom Cloud can be automatically transcribed.
Ryerson has conducted the privacy impact assessment and security assessment on Zoom. Please review the recommendations from the assessments:
When you are going to record the meeting:
- you need to let the participants know the meeting is recorded prior or at the start of the meeting,
- the host is responsible for the retention and deletion of the recordings in accordance with Ryerson record retention schedule.
For questions about Zoom privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will consult with the Privacy Office accordingly.
Zoom security and privacy controls
We recommend leaving the following default privacy and security controls disabled.
- Allow removed participants to rejoin: Allows previously removed meeting participants and webinar panelists to rejoin.
- Far end camera control: Allow another user to take control of your camera during a meeting.
- Attention tracking: Lets the host see an indicator in the participant panel if a meeting/webinar attendee does not have Zoom in focus during screen sharing.
- Private chat: Allow meeting participants to send a private 1:1 message to another participant.
- Note that if the meeting is being recorded, the private chat will be recorded as well.
- Allow live streaming meetings