Dr. Farhad Ein-Mozaffari
Areas of Academic Interest
Flow visualization (tomography and ultrasonic velocimetry)
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
Non-Newtonian fluid flow
Discrete Element Method (DEM)
Dynamic modeling and identification
|2002||University of British Columbia||PhD|
|Course Code||Course Title|
|CHE 44/B||Plant Design|
|CE8303||Advanced Fluid Dynamics
Farhad Ein-Mozaffari is compelled by a desire to give back to society. “If I can help advance material production, everyone will have access to lower-cost pharmaceuticals.” It’s a life-changing goal, one he is working towards through his research in the highly specialized field of fluid mixing.
The research is progressing well. NSERC has granted him funding and several of Canada’s largest pharmaceutical companies have partnered with his lab. Ein-Mozaffari credits these successes to the hard work and discipline of his research group, which includes post-doc, master’s, and PhD students.
Ein-Mozaffari selects his team members carefully, saying that you need well-rounded students to establish a thriving research program—those with deep knowledge, exceptional communication skills and the drive to make a difference. “That’s why I’m so happy to be at Ryerson,” he adds. “Those are exactly the kinds of engineers we train.”
"The best coaches know how to motivate."
- Dean’s SRC (Scholarly, Research and Creative Activity) Awards, 2014 and 2017
- Dean’s Service Award, 2017
- YSGS Outstanding Contribution to Graduate Education, 2016
- Ryerson University Co-op Employer Mentor Award, 2015
- Jegatheeswaran, S., F. Ein-Mozaffari, and J. Wu, “Efficient Mixing of Yield-Pseudoplastic Fluids at Low Reynolds Numbers in the Chaotic SMX Static Mixer”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 317, pp. 215-231 (2017).
- Hashemi, N., F. Ein-Mozaffari, S.R. Upreti, D.K. Hwang, “Analysis of Power Consumption and Gas Holdup Distribution for an Aerated Reactor Equipped with a Coaxial Mixer: Novel Correlations for the Gas Flow Number and Gassed Power”, Chemical Engineering Science, 151, pp. 25-35 (2016).
- Kazemzadeh, A., F. Ein-Mozaffari, A. Lohi, and L. Pakzad, “Investigation of Hydrodynamic Performances of Coaxial Mixers in Agitation of Yield-Pseudoplastic Fluids: Single and Double Central Impellers in Combination with the Anchor”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 294, pp. 417-430 (2016).
- Hashemi, N., F. Ein-Mozaffari, S.R. Upreti, D.K. Hwang, “Experimental Investigation of the Bubble Behavior in an Aerated Coaxial Mixing Vessel Through Electrical Resistance Tomography (ERT)”, Chemical Engineering Journal, 289, pp. 402-412 (2016).
- Mishra, P., F. Ein-Mozaffari, “Using Tomograms to Assess the Local Solid Concentrations in a Slurry Reactor Equipped with a Maxblend Impeller”, Powder Technology, 301, pp. 701-712 (2016).
- Subject Editor: Chemical Engineering Research and Design published by Elsevier
- Technical Program Co-chair: XXIX Interamerican Congress of Chemical Engineering incorporating 68th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference, Toronto, Canada, October 28-3, 2018