Child and Youth Care (MA)
|Degree Earned: Master of Arts (MA)|
|Program: Child and Youth Care|
|Start Date: September entry|
|Tuition Fees Range|
Today’s child and youth care practitioners need advanced knowledge and skills to flourish in a variety of practice, management, research and policy roles within complex and demanding environments:
- Psychiatric centres
- Health care
- Child welfare
- Community-based child and youth developmental/disability/rehabilitation programs
- Child and youth advocacy
- Youth justice system
- Parent education/training
- Family support programs
Valuable learning opportunities in the classroom and in the field will prepare you to:
- Lead effectively within the complex world of cross-sector collaboration, policy alignment and organizational change
- Contribute evidence to the field, while taking account of stakeholder diversity, inclusion and anti-oppressive practices
- Develop child and youth care-focused, evidence-based and evidence-informed approaches to practice
- Work in line with current demands to deliver on client-level outcomes and have a broader social impact
Child and Youth Care at Ryerson draws upon the latest trends and knowledge in the field.
Our curriculum is relevant and responsive to community needs and the changing context of professional practice.
Our faculty members are dedicated teachers, researchers and strong advocates for social change.
Achieve your learning goals with flexibility and convenience:
- Students are required to attend classes in person in the fall term
- All graduate Child and Youth Care courses are offered in the evenings
- Winter and Spring/Summer courses can be completed in class or online
There is more to the Ryerson Child and Youth Care experience than just lectures, books and studying.
Ryerson offers countless opportunities to get involved.
Our engaged graduate students help create a vibrant campus life. The RSU Graduate Council, external link ensures that your voice is heard, and helps build a strong community.
And that’s without mentioning Ryerson’s innovative and world class facilities. The Student Learning Centre provides an outstanding environment in which to study, collaborate and share ideas, and the Mattamy Athletic Centre, external link, opens in new window offers Ryerson students an NHL-sized hockey rink, basketball court and fitness centre.