Run an online chat in Brightspace
"Chat" is a way to communicate live with your class, via a series of text messages.
The Brightspace Chat tool can be used to communicate with just the students in your course shell.
Be sure to choose a unique name for each chat you create, as students may have similarly named chats in each course.
All users in the org unit have access to the general chat. You can create multiple chats for the same org unit, such as "Midterm Review" and "Final Review."
- To access the Chat Room feature, click Communication > Chat from the top navigation bar.
- On the Chat List page, click New Chat.
- Enter a Title.
- Click General Chat.
- Enter a Description of the chat.
- Click Create.
- On the Chat List page, click Edit from the context menu of the chat you want to modify. Make your changes and click Save.
- On the Chat List page, click Delete from the context menu of the chat you want to permanently delete. Confirm your decision in the popup dialogue box.